Weekdays at any time
EducationSt. Joseph's College - BA, Child Study , Long Island University - Master of Education, Literacy
ExperienceCertified teacher. Certifications include Birth-Grade Six: General and Special Education, Birth-Grade Six: Literacy
Two years experience as a self-contained Special Education preschool teacher. Two years experience as an integrated co-teaching model kindergarten classroom teacher in a high performing charter school. One year experience teaching third grade in a general education. Familiar with NYS Common Core standards.
Responsibilities have included:
• Planning and implementing various balanced literacy workshop model subjects. Subjects include Reading Workshop (Teachers College Reading and Writing Project, Fountas and Pinnell reading assessments), Writing Workshop (Teachers College Reading and Writing Project), Mathematics Workshop (Investigations, Math in the City, and Context for Learning), Cognitively Guided Instruction (CGI), History and Geography, Modeled Writing, Shared Text, Guided Reading, Interactive Read Aloud, Science and Spanish
• Differentiated instruction in all subject areas based on data
• Led teacher training workshops focusing on a rigorous and engaging “Morning Meeting”, CGI, and positive behavior strategies
• Wrote the History and Geography curriculum for the kindergarten grade level
• Worked closely with parents to ensure a strong connection between home and school
• Planned of and implemented small and intensive intervention groups in reading, writing, and Cognitively Guided Instruction (CGI)
• Planned and implemented instruction for a test preparation after school program focusing on English Language Arts (ELA) and Mathematics preparation for the third grade New York State exam
• Attended a Social Thinking Clinical Training and received 22 hours of participation and training
• Received certificate of completion for Social Thinking Clinical Training, Level One Assessment
• Participated in Teachers College Reading and Writing Project summer institute for Writing
• Participated in Metamorphosis Mathematics summer institute
HobbiesMy hobbies and interest include reading, writing, music, film, and animals.
I am committed to providing a fun, engaging, and interactive experience to access learning through differentiated activities.
Homeschool, 5th Grade Writing, 6th Grade, 6th Grade math, 6th Grade Reading, 6th Grade Writing, ADHD, Elementary Algebra, Elementary Math, Handwriting, 5th Grade Reading, Kindergarten - 8th Grade, Middle School, Organization, Phonics, Reading, Social Studies, Special Education, Summer Tutoring, Writing, 3rd Grade Reading, 1st Grade math, 1st Grade Reading, 1st Grade Writing, 2nd Grade, 2nd Grade math, 2nd Grade Reading, 2nd Grade Writing, 3rd Grade, 3rd Grade math, 1st Grade, 3rd Grade Science, 3rd Grade Writing, 4th Grade, 4th Grade math, 4th Grade Reading, 4th Grade Science, 4th Grade Writing, 5th Grade, 5th Grade math
Inquire about this tutor
The tutor will respond if they are available/interested.