New York, NY, 10021
Joined on February, 2013
Weekdays in the evening
Weekends at any time
Weekends at any time
Up to 25 minutes away for no additional charge
EducationGeorge Washington University- Cum Laude Graduate (Special Honors) in International Affairs at the Elliott School of International Affairs; concentration: Middle East Studies, European Studies
Experience- Certified instructor by the New York Department of Education for teaching and tutoring
- Tutored in high school for elementary school
- Worked for "GW Class Notes" at George Washington University (GWU): produced reports, summaries, study guides for final examinations
- GWU Graduate French Course: "Les affaires internationales" - International Affairs Course: Gave lessons (in French) on Contemporary Issues in the Middle East
I have a strong passion for learning and education. I spent my college years in the library: I thrive in such an academic environment. I also gave lessons on Middle East politics to a graduate level French International Affairs course, by recommendation from my French professor due to my passion for the subject, expansive knowledge, and ability to deliver a presentation on the subject at the level of a professor: effective and comprehensive, ability to dissect a very complex topic to make it easily understandable to an audience with no background in the subject, its history or its politics. I have been told I can "tell the story" in a way that draws interest but does not confuse or drag on. Effective in answering questions.
Writing, English Language, Grammar:
- I have worked in translation and editing at the United Nations for the Ambassador of Lebanon to the UN, translating official documents and speeches from Arabic into English.
- I speak French and Arabic, but English is my native language. Having studied both Arabic and French at advanced levels, I have a richer understanding of English grammar, after having studied two other formats of grammar. Working extensively with translations gave me a deeper knowledge of the intricacies of grammar and editing.
HobbiesI currently work for the United Nations, with a strong passion for international relations, culture, languages and history. While I speak French and Arabic, I am trying to learn Spanish right now. I also think I would be a good tutor because my interests are exactly what my profession is: I love history, international politics and philosophy. Reading is my favorite activity.
I am a lover of the arts, specifically music and dance, I am a salsa dancer and have experience in other forms of dance. I also play guitar. I enjoy going to art museums often, the MET, MOMA, and Guggenheim in addition to smaller galleries.
Inquire about this tutor
The tutor will respond if they are available/interested.