Education- MA in Politics and International Relations, Summa cum Laude, Università di Pisa, Italy.
- BA in International Media Studies, Summa cum Laude, Università di Palermo, Italy.
- Student Exchange program in Media Studies, Universidad Politécnica de Valencia, Spain
- High School Diploma in Classical Studies with double major in Latin & Classical Greek, Don Bosco Ranchibile Institute, Palermo, Italy.
ExperienceNative Italian speaker. With a scholastic and academic background heavily focused on humanities & foreign languages, I have extensive experience tutoring in a variety of subjects, with a special focus on the Italian and Spanish Languages for foreigners.
Majoring in Latin and Ancient Greek in high school also provided me with a good “cognitive flexibility”, which is pretty nice to have when dealing with today's rapidly changing world and variety of disciplines.
ITALIAN LANGUAGE TUTORING STYLE:
Ciao! I am an Italian native speaker, born and raised in "The Boot" :=) I moved from Tuscany to New York three years ago.
With me as a tutor you will:
- Have Fun (Who said learning has to be boring?)
- Enjoy a structured session, according to your level, needs and priorities
- Learn Idiomatic Expressions from contemporary Italian Culture & Lifestyle
- Understand the grammar/Practise the grammar
My approach is focused on results and I always tailor my sessions to each student's specific needs, while making learning fun and productive.
- Was your grandma/grandfa from Italy or you have Italian relatives and want to reconnect with your heritage? We will do "learn the language/explore the culture" sessions, even according to the specific Italian region your family is from.
- Are you an Opera singer? We will work on your Diction & Pronunciation.
- Need to deliver a formal speech in front of native Italian speakers? We will work on your composition and public speaking skills. - Have a written/oral test? We will get this grammar rolling and have your ready for it. - Tired of not being able to roll those Rs or having a thick accent? I will train you step by step and you'll sound just "favoloso".
If you have any questions, feel free to message me and I will reply ASAP!
HobbiesBeing born and raised in Italy, "the cradle of the Renaissance", shaped my passion for language, culture, art and history. Feel free to check my educational videos:
Before leaving Italy and moving to the US, I also lived in Spain and travelled extensively across Europe. I love cooking, filmmaking, traveling, landscape photography, hiking and running.
Client Reviews (2)
Emanuele taught me a better understanding of Italian and how to master the tenses. The learning experience was a lot of fun and now I feel a lot more confident speaking Italiano. Grazie Emanuele! Lynn (Lina)
Thank you for your help with my Italian! My mom is Italian and I had Emanuele as a tutor because I wanted to reconnect with my Italian heritage and learn how to hold a conversation without embarrassing myself :=) Emanuele was extremely patient and encouraged me all the time, GRAZIE!
Inquire about this tutor
The tutor will respond if they are available/interested.