New York, NY, 10454
Joined on November, 2013
Weekends at any time
Weekdays at any time
Weekdays at any time
Up to 30 minutes away for no additional charge
Education• Graduated in 2009 in French Literature in French High School at the Lycee Francais de New York, NY
• Passed the French Literate Baccalaureate with an A- with following courses: Philosophy, Letters, English Literature (Honors), History, and Geography (Honors), with specialty in both Math and Spanish.
• BFA at New York University Tisch School of the Arts in Film/TV Production Major (Honors student)
Experience• French born in Paris, France
• Passed the SAT's (score=1820), French SAT II's (720), Spanish SAT II's(610), and TOEFL(110)
• AP French Literature 4/5
• AP French Language 5/5
• Love to teach. I have previously taught French.
• Love kids; Kids love me. I have worked with kids as a babysitter.
• At NYU I have taken a French Cinema History class with French film critic and novelist Ludovic Courtade, also a French native. I wrote essays in French.
• Both my parents are French natives.
• I still speak French at home with my brother and mother.
• I just went back to France for the summer 2013' to visit my family. I try to return annually to my country home in the South of France in the Cevennes.
• I also speak Spanish fluently, and hold an Academic Beginner's Degree from the Instituto Cervantez, NY, NY.
I am a French-American student who has lived in NY for most of his life. I perfectly understand our schools high expectations for standardized testing can be challenging, but this is nothing we cannot overcome with good preparation. I myself had to adapt to the American system when I had been going to a French high school for all of my teenage years. I will teach you grammar, conjugation, correct spelling, and how to read, write, and speak the language with a French accent. Hopefully you will have fun learning the language. Often a child, or even an adult, may get bored with the mechanics of linguistics. I truly believe we learn better when we have a certain amount of fun, which is why I always try to make my lesson plan as entertaining as possible. Rest assured you will not only do very well on your test but you will also learn to speak French with confidence!
I am free to come visit to see if I match your expectations. And I thank you for your consideration.
HobbiesI practice Classical piano(over 14 years), Chinese Kung-Fu Wu-Su martial arts(9 years, first degree certificate, equivalent to black belt or assistant instructor), meditation, and writing/directing for films on a daily basis. Also, I enjoy philosophy, soccer, and museums/galleries.
Inquire about this tutor
The tutor will respond if they are available/interested.