New York, NY, 10037
Joined on June, 2013
Weekdays after 2PM
Up to 25 minutes away for no additional charge
Education*Bachelor of Arts in Political Science GPA 3.5, 3.0 Overall~ Temple University Philadelphia, PA 2003-2007
*Alternative Professional Preparation Program (AP3)~ Miami-Dade County Public Schools, Miami, FL 2009-2010
ExperienceEnglish Language Instructor
Berlitz Language Center New York, New York 4/2012-Present
• Responsible for the instruction of adults in both group and individual settings, all of whom are at various levels of English language proficiency, and ensure that each student makes sufficient progress in their language acquisition.
• Record detailed notes in each client’s pedagogical file to ensure consistency and continuity in students lessons.
• Maintain open communication with students their expectations of the course, and what skills they want to focus on to develop their language fluency.
• Able to navigate the Berlitz curriculum and use other supplementary material to ensure students are learning all aspects of the English language.
• Build relationships and repertoire with diverse groups of people from across the world.
Miami-Dade Public Schools Miami, Florida 7/2007-7/2011
• Current holder of a Florida State Professional K-6th Certification, with ESOL and Reading Endorsement
• Educator in Title 1 School, showing an average yearly progress of 80% student growth in all core content areas.
• Provide support to new educators in classroom management, lesson plans, and possible teacher led centers.
• Managed classrooms with student populations of English Language Learners, Learning Disabled, and Gifted all while differentiating instruction to accommodate each student’s academic needs.
• Ability to assess various forms of data, and adjust lessons accordingly to address each student’s needs.
• Create and implement student-centered curriculum and lesson plans while still adhering to Florida’s Sunshine State Standards and newly introduced Core Content Standards.
• Partnered with fellow educators to work collaboratively in exemplifying school-wide student achievement
HobbiesSpoken Word Poetry, Music, Activism, and Exploring the streets of New York
Inquire about this tutor
The tutor will respond if they are available/interested.