New York, NY, 10002
Joined on March, 2013
Any day after 12 Noon
Weekends after 12 Noon
Weekends after 12 Noon
Up to 30 minutes away for no additional charge
City Uni of NY
Bachelor of Science
Minor: Visual Art
ExperienceFirst and foremost, I believe it is important to establish a trusting relationship with clients/students with the experts/tutors. I love teaching and helping others and the reward that it brings. I am a step-by-step oriented teacher/expert. I've had many students/clients return saying how my style of teaching/answering continues to help them in their current studies. I have been tutoring and helping students since I was in 6th Grade! I have experience helping people with their assignments more than 10 Years! I believe that every student should be allowed the resources and opportunity to realize that they CAN achieve their goals. I am here to help students who have had difficulty with Math in the past to succeed, and feel confident in both their abilities in Math, and in life.
I am conscience of the student’s weaknesses and abilities. My answering methods allow the student to fully understand their topic without getting frustrated with themselves. I like to break down the question in the simplest form at first. This means explaining the concept of the skill in a way that the student can understand what it is we are trying to do.
Teaching Certificates | Perkins Tutorial Project
• Regular – Level I | 2010
• Advanced – Level II | 2010
• Master – Level III | 2011
09/2010 – 12/2011 | Math Tutor
Bronx Community College | Bronx, NY.
• Provide individual and small group tutoring to students
• Assist students in improving academic achievement by meeting with them on a regular basis to clarify learning problems and work on study skills.
• Review class material, discuss the text, predict test questions, formulate ideas for papers, or/and work on solutions to problems.
• Assist, evaluate , motivate, develop and integrate the students in learning
• Serve as a mentor for new tutors
09/05 – 06/09 | Math Tutor
National Honor Society, Hamtramck High School | Hamtramck, MI
• Have patience and a strong desire to help students achieve their goals
• Have an ability to speak in front of groups and present academic workshops
• Well organized and people oriented individual able to perform multiple tasks efficiently and effectively
• Positive and energetic personality blended with a strong work ethic
• Reliable, tactful, self-motivated, highly trainable and trustworthy
• Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Photoshop
• Excellent bilingual communications skills (English/Bengali)
HobbiesLearning about new things such as technology, world's current events, philosophy etc.
Inquire about this tutor
The tutor will respond if they are available/interested.