New York, NY, 10011
Joined on October, 2012
Any day at any time
Up to 45 minutes away for a flat fee
EducationB.A. Writing, minor:English Ithaca College
ExperienceMy previous teaching/tutoring/writing experience includes:
- SAT training at Ivy League Tutors and Bell Curves plus two years of experience and perfect SAT scores
- Graduate Admissions Essay Private Tutor
- Writing Tutor and E-tutor at Silberman School of Social Work
- SAT Instructor at New Roots Charter School
- English Teacher's Aide at New Roots Charter School
- Freelance Writer at Ithaca Times and Finger Lakes Community Newspapers
- Spanish language reader for New Directions and Farrar, Straus & Giroux
- Translator from Spanish to English for various publications
Languages: Spanish, Russian
My desire to be a tutor comes from my love of writing, editing, and critical thinking. With an interactive problem-solving approach, my aim is to work with my students to develop and enhance the writing process, focusing specifically on assessing each student's particular challenges and strengths and developing an individualized plan in accordance.
HobbiesI love reading and writing in Spanish and in English (and currently work as a Spanish reader for New Directions Publishing). On weekends, you can find me at the farmer's market, sorting through vegetables to come up with different recipes. Also, when I get a chance, I like to play a diddy on the guitar here and there.
Inquire about this tutor
The tutor will respond if they are available/interested.