Weekends at any time
Friday at any time
Tues/Thurs after 5PM
EducationCOLUMBIA UNIVERSITY, 2012 - 2015
Master of Fine Arts in Creative Writing (Nonfiction)
- BARNARD COLLEGE, 2008 - 2011
Bachelor of Arts in English, summa cum laude,
*Phi Beta Kappa Society
* W. Cabell Greet Prize for Excellence in English
- CHOATE ROSEMARY HALL, 2003 - 2007
*Columbia Summer Program for High School Students: 2014, 2015, 2016
- Taught a creative writing seminar covering poetry, short prose, drama, fiction, and nonfiction
* Columbia Teaching Program, Spring 2014
- Led a nonfiction seminar about journalism and creative nonfiction for Columbia undergraduates
* Since 2011, I have worked with a range of individuals -- from high school freshmen to college applicants to young professionals applying to business and law school. I have done it all: Common App essays, Columbia Business School applications, personal statements, AP U.S. History prep, college term papers, ACT and SAT writing, Harvard Law School applications, interview preparation, and so on.
* In November and December 2015, I worked with THE COLLEGE ESSAY GUY helping students at LA Leadership Academy write and edit their college essays.
* While a Barnard undergraduate, I tutored freshmen struggling with the First-Year English requirement.
* Completed medium copy editing for three novels for Full Fathom Five's e-book publishing division
RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE:
* TRAVEL + LEISURE magazine
Digital Editorial Assistant
- Reported online features; fact-checked department pages; wrote for the blog; and helped manage social media platforms
Intern, Series Development
- Drafted coverage of scripts, summarized daily trade magazines, and assisted creative executives with administrative duties
HobbiesIn my spare time, I enjoy jogging in Central Park, trying new restaurants in the village, and, yes, reading. (Current read: "Better Living Through Criticism" by A.O. Scott -- one of my favorite critics.)
I also freelance and have been published by VICE, Travel + Leisure, LA Review of Books, Slate, Salon, Decider.com, and more.
Please contact me if you have any questions or if you would like to see my résumé. References available upon request.
Poetry Writing, AP US Government, AP United States History, AP U.S. Government & Politics, AP US History, SAT Subject Test in Literature, SAT Verbal, Literary Analysis, Literature, American Literature, LSAT Essay Section, AP World History, Test Prep, GRE Verbal Reasoning, GRE Verbal, GRE Subject Tests, GRE Analytical Writing, GRE, GMAT Verbal, GMAT Analytical Writing Assessment, GMAT, Vocabulary, Shakespeare, Essay Editing, College Essays, 6th Grade Writing, 5th Grade Writing, 12th Grade Writing, 11th Grade Writing, 10th Grade Writing, GRE Subject Test in Literature in English, English, English, ACT English, ACT English, 7th Grade Writing, 8th Grade Writing, Writing, SAT Writing, PSAT Writing Skills, Persuasive Writing, Fiction Writing, Expository Writing, Creative Writing, ACT Writing, ACT with Writing, 9th Grade Writing, ACT English
Inquire about this tutor
The tutor will respond if they are available/interested.