New York, NY, 10003
Joined on October, 2012
Any day at any time
Up to 30 minutes away for no additional charge
EducationNew York University, B.A. in Psychology with a minor in art history, Summa Cum Laude, Phi Beta Kappa, GPA 3.90, Class of 2012
Experience• While in college, I tutored NYU students in statistics, psychology, cognitive neuroscience, French, and writing.
• I have a passion for providing high quality tutoring to give my tutees a competitive edge in multiple disciplines.
• I have completed a major in psychology, with a focus on cognitive and autonomic nervous functioning. Additionally, I have completed extensive coursework in social psychology. I have, additionally completed a minor in art history with a cumulative GPA of 4.0 within the department.
• I have studied French since I was in fifth grade and have completed extensive coursework in French at the college level. I have also completed coursework in German, as well as coursework in Italian while I was living in Florence, Italy.
• I graduated summa cum laude and was inducted into the Phi Beta Kappa society in May of 2012. I received the Founders' Day Award for my exceptional performance in all of my liberal arts classes, as well as the Certificate of Achievement Award from the NYU Department of Psychology which is awarded to the few students who excel not only in the department, but who also demonstrate excellence in many other departments. I have been on the Dean's List for my entire college career, was a Presidential Honors Scholar from 2009 to 2011, and was admitted to the Psychology Honors Program in 2011.
• I have conducted independent, professional level research on the relationships between built environments and the physiological responses they elicit, including heart rate variability and variance in salivary cortisol levels, both of which indicate stress and change in mood.
HobbiesI love to experience the world through food, travel, language, architecture, and more. I have a passion for journalism and I love to sit down and read the paper to stay up to date. I have a good sense of humor and I love to watch 30 Rock, Parks & Recreation, and Saturday Night Live.
Inquire about this tutor
The tutor will respond if they are available/interested.