New York, NY, 11379
Joined on August, 2011
Saturday in the afternoon
Up to 30 minutes away at my regular hourly rate
EducationB.A in Sociology from Queens College G.P.A. 3.8
Currently Enrolled in Masters of Education Program at Queens College. Current G.P.A. - 4.0
ExperienceRosalia M. Gattuso
63-67 72nd Street Middle Village, NY. 11379
Rosalia788@aol.com (347) 776-7982
Education Queens College of the City University of New York
Bachelor of Arts Degree, G.P.A.: 3.80
Queens College of the City University of New York
Masters of Arts in Teaching, Expected 2013 Current G.P.A.: 4.0
Honors Dean’s List, Presidential Achievers Honors, Golden Key International Member, Honors in the Sociology, Campus Ministry Award
______________________________________________________Experience Queens College Flushing, NY
02/08-Present Student Association, Computer Assistant
• Monitor all student activity in computer lab
• Perform general office duties: cleaning, and organization
• Reinforced rules and regulations of Student Government
• Answer incoming calls for administrators and class President
• Schedule free tax appointments with consultant and students
Summers 08-09 Camp Counselor Summer Camp
• Responsible for 10 children 7-8 years old and 10 campers 11-14 years old
• Engaged campers in social and recreational activities
• Assisted summer theater group with production
• Tutored students individually with voice lessons
• Motivated children to achieve goals
Score! Educational Centers, Forest Hills, NY
08/06-05/07 Assistant Coach
• Tutored a group of 6-8 children ranging from 5 to 15 years of age.
• Documented notes on the children’s improvement and work areas.
• Created a fun and high energy learning experience.
Volunteer Saint Stan’s Religious Education Program, Maspeth, NY
• Teach third grade students foundations of the faith.
10/07-Present Little Maggie’s Theater Group, Middle Village, NY
• Involved in the winter production – “The Most Wonderful Time of the Year Revue”(2009). Worked with adults and children. Performed musical and dance numbers. Also stage manager for summer 2008 performance of BIG.
Our Lady of Hope Church, Middle Village, NY
• Leader of song for the Sunday 6:30pm Youth Mass.
• Meet with children weekly to review new music
• Teach melody, harmony, and technique to singer
Leadership Catholic Newman Club at Queens College
• Active team leader and creator of the Rosary group and Holy Hour.
• Increased student membership and involvement to about 25.
• Conducted weekly meetings and monitored budget.
Languages Comprehend and Understand Italian
Two years as a camp counselor.
Three years as a group and private tutor.
Liberal Arts and Science Tests (LAST) for teacher certification score- 248.
I am training to be an elementary school teacher and I am currently in a Graduate Program.
I have taken various courses in child development, math for elementary school teachers, social sciences and statistics.
HobbiesI am a friendly person and work well with children. I also love to sing and act.
Inquire about this tutor
The tutor will respond if they are available/interested.